- (of a voice) Loud, powerful, booming, suitable for giving speeches to large crowds. [W]
‘But that quiet tone will soon change, and it will be quite stentorian.’
Neva eva heard this one before…
- Arrogantly superior; showing contemptuous indifference; haughty.
- having the quality of being difficult to remove, wash away, blot out, or efface [W]
‘This ink spot on the contract is indelible.’
- not expressed
- repressed or suppressed [W]
‘—and I should be able to capture that pent up demand.'
- alert, vigilant or watchful
- Harmful; injurious. [W]
'Chrysler’s Super Bowl car ad featuring Bob Dylan is mildly xenophobic and noxiously ignorant.'
- Furiously angry. [W]
‘I am actually quite livid right now and will try hard to make sense.’
- Not harmed or damaged in any way; untouched. [W]
‘Nevertheless, despite all its unquestionable virtues, Social Identity Theory has not emerged unscathed from the two decades of research which it has inspired.’