- Nothing; something which does not exist.
- A thing or person of no worth or value; nil.
- The figure or character representing, or having the shape of, zero.
- A group of stingrays. [W]
I did not know that :]
- Animated, brisk motion; spirited rhythm; sprightliness.
- A cheerful or melodious accent when speaking. [W]
‘It has a pleasant rhythm, a lilt, a harmony.’
- A narrow V-shaped valley with a stream running through it. [W]
‘Americans have a habit of talking about poverty as if it were a deep gulch somewhere at the fringe of the U.S. economy. We imagine a few unfortunate souls fall in forever—but only a few.’
- Ghoulish or macabre humor.
‘A particularly unhealthy meal (especially one which is high in saturated fat) is sometimes called, with gallows humour, a heart attack on a plate.' [X]
‘After hearing about the plan, a grassroots cabal of hackers, engineers, and academics erupted in protest, sparking a nationwide campaign to discredit the security and business implications of the Clipper chip, ultimately bringing the NSA’s plans to a screeching halt.' [X]